Welcome to English Monday!
Today we will talk about family!
- Do you have a brother or a sister?
- No, I am an only child!
- Are you her parent? / Yes, I am her mother!
- Does your father have any siblings?
- My grand-father only had one brother, so my dad has only one uncle!
- You should see my family reunions! My grand-mother has 5 sisters, and they get together every Easter!
- My cousin and her mother, my aunt on my father’s side, are helping me with my dad’s birthday cake!
- Meet John, my son, and Julie, my daughter!
- My sister gave birth to twins, so I have both a niece and a nephew!
- My husband’s cousin is an only child.
- All four of my grandparents are alive!
- My grandfather married my grandmother in this church!
- My brother has both a son and a daughter, so my parents have both a grandson and a granddaughter!
- My brother-in-law just got married! Now I have a new sister-in-law!
- My father-in-law worked in the Police force for 50 years!
- I have this cake recipe from my mother-in-law!
- My son-in-law is a lawyer!
- After Jane got married again, she had a son with her new husband, so Julie, her daughter with her ex-husband now has a step-brother!